2023 Meeting Dates
Our Team meets on the third Wednesday of each month, but at a new time of 7:30 PM.
To attend our meetings on Zoom:
From your PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android,
click this link:
Or by phone:
Meeting ID – 713-234-7624
to link to the UUJusticePA Calendar!
The Reproductive Justice Team supports and advocates for legislation thatgives people the right to have or not to have children, improves maternal and child health, provides for safe and healthy environments in which to raise children, and supports the rights of individuals to express their sexuality without fear of oppression.
Recognizing that Reproductive Justice encompasses more than reproductive rights (e.g. expanding and protecting legal access to birth control and abortion) and intersects with social, political and economic inequalities that affect primarily women’s reproductive health and ability to control their reproductive lives, we support and advocate for legislation and action that:
- Protects an individual’s right to obtain birth control and abortion and seeks to make both easily accessible and affordable for all
- Seeks to address reproductive inequities among members of marginalized communities including racial, ethnic, and religious minorities, LGBTQ+ individuals, incarcerated persons, and those living in poverty
- Ends pregnancy discrimination
- Bolsters breastfeeding rights
- Reduces maternal and infant mortality rates
- Implements menstrual equity*
- Empowers individuals with evidence-based sex education
- Provides for a living wage
- Offers paid family leave to biological, adoptive, and foster parents
(*”Menstrual equity” includes but is not limited to these issues: advocating for menstrual products that are affordable, accessible, and safe; ending the shame and stigma surrounding periods and menstruation, which has prevented decision-makers, healthcare providers, educators and individuals from ensuring that menstrual health is a priority; and ensuring that people have the needs, support, and choices to decide how they want to take care of their menstrual health.)
NARAL Pro-Choice America
Planned Parenthood SE PA
Pennsylvania Religious Coalition for
Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
Women’s Law Project
Family Care Act Coalition
PA Campaign for Women’s Health
Action Alerts & Updates
Our team joins the UUA and many UUs across the country in outrage and dissent regarding the Texas ban on abortion. To read the UUJusticePA Reproductive Justice Team STATEMENT, click HERE.
To read the press release from the UUA, click HERE.
One of the most important ways to advance reproductive justice is to contact your legislators! We encourage you to contact your representatives and express your views on the issues.
- Two things every UU should know about Reproductive Justice (PDF)
- Guttmacher Institute
- UUA Reproductive Justice resources
- ACLU Women’s Rights Project
- Pregnancy Justice
- Advocates for Youth
Personal stories about abortions and other reproductive health care:
Addressing period poverty:
- Abortion Liberation Fund of PA
- National Network of Abortion Funds
LEARN MORE: Watch our video presentation, below!
More About Our Team
We ask our team members to each be responsible for following one or two organizations and legislative bills, and report on them at each of our monthly
meetings, which are held the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM. We hope to have a few speakers during the year at our meetings. We invite other
UUJusticePA teams to contact us if an issue arises on which we can lend a helping hand. We will ask our fellow teams for aid in support of our issues if
needed. We also educate our personal UU congregations on reproductive justice issues in Pennsylvania.